Today I want to show you how the current setup wizard looks like. There’s a little video showing it in action.
Don’t forget: This blog article is part of my journey with the plugin. I’m doing this to do share with my (future) customers what I’m working on. I decided to do this because I read the book Traffic Secrets by Russell Brunson. He thought it was a good idea to document the journey with your own plugin.
Target focus: More visitors
As you know, I’m currently all about building traffic for my plugin: SNIP – Structured Data and Schema Plugin for WordPress. It is available for free in the WordPress.org plugin directory and should of course increase my sales in the future.
I have already shown how my setup wizard should look like. Currently I am already in the implementation phase. Here is a quick video of what I currently have:
As you can see, it builds on the current Global Snippet Assistant, but has a few more steps:
- The name is requested (which is important for the newsletter entry later).
- A picture of me is displayed with a bit of text. Just to build more trust. (Maybe it makes sense to display my photo all the time?).
- It asks if the user is a newbie or a professional user. Also important for later differentiation in my target group.
- In the next step you see an iPhone with different preview images. This makes it relatively easy to see which schemas produce which rich search results.
- In the next step you can select which schemas you need (if there are more than one).
- And that’s it.
What comes next
Of course, that’s not all. It is still a prototype. The following is buzzing around in my head:
- Definitely, I’ll add another step that manually queries data. For example, the social links or the phone number of an organization.
- For this I need a subscription to a list. After all, users of the free version should eventually run into a sales funnel (according to Russell Brunson).
Beyond that, it would be nice if ….
- I could improve the whole thing even more. I’m not quite satisfied with the layout yet.
- And yes… that’s all I can think of right now. Haha 😉