This error occurs due to the fact that CodeCanyon only sells licenses that are available for one domain only. If you’re trying to install the plugin on multiple domains you will get the following error on the second domain:
“It seems that this purchase code is tied to another host. Please buy a new license in order to use this plugin on another sites.”
It seems that this purchase code is tied to another host and/or IP address. A purchase code can only be linked to one domain at a time.
A) I’m getting the error while updating.
If you get the error while updating, please try the following:
- Login-in to your WordPress Dashboard
- Go to snip -> Settings.
- Click the “Clear Cache” button.
- Go to snip -> Activation.
- Click the big blue “Let’s get started” button again.
- If you get an error here, please read B).
- Then go back to Dashboard -> Updates.
- Click the gray “Check again” button.
- If you still get an error, please read B).
B) I’m not using it on other domains
If you think you’re not using the domain on another host, please contact support.
C) I want to switch to another domain
Of course that’s possible, too. Follow these steps:
C1) If you still have access to the old site
- Log-in to the site where SNIP was originally activated (old site)
- Go to “snip / Structured Data” menu and click the “Support” sub-menu item.
- On the right hand side you’ll find a metabox with a button labeled “Deactivate license on this site”. Press this button.
- The plugin will then de-activate and de-register itself.
- After this, you can use the purchase code on the new site.
C2) If you don’t have access to the old site
D) I switched webspace
If you switched to a new webspace and/or changed your webhosting provider, please follow step C. This needs to be done because it may be that IP addresses has changed, too.