Global Snippets are a beautiful thing. They allow you to add one rich snippet to many posts at once. But how does it work exactly?
How to create a global Rich Snippet
- When you activate the plugin you will see a new menu item under “snip” in your WordPress dashboard. It’s named “Global Snippets”.
- Just open it up and add a new Global Snippet.
- You will then be able to create a Rich Snipppets.
- When you’ve finished creating the snippet, you can choose where it should appear.
- For this scroll down to the “Position” metabox.
- There you can create a set of rules to determine which pages will use these schema.org syntax you’ve just created.
Are there any examples?
Yes there are!
- Go to “snip | Structured Data” in your WordPress dashboard and choose “Setup Wizard”.
- Go through the Setup Wizard. It will ask what schemas you want to install.
How can I fill certain properties automatically?
- As you can read here, it’s possible to create properties from post content. Please take a look at the video we’ve prepared. It shows exactly how to do it.
- You can also use custom fields.
- If it’s necessary to overwrite certain values per-post: read how to make properties overridable.
Can I add another snippet to a post that has a global snippet?
Yes you can. Read more about this here: Can I use multiple snippets on one page?