In version 2.2.0 of the Rich Snippet WordPress Plugin there is a cool new feature that allows you to overwrite global parameters directly in your posts. Here is how it works:
A) Create a global snippet
- At first you need a global snippet. In this example we create a recipe snippet. Let’s make some cookies!
- Head over to your WordPress dashboard and click “snip” > “Global Snippets” from the menu.
- Then click the “Add new global snippet” button from the top and hit the “Recipe” button to load some recommended properties:
- Let’s say we want to make the prepTime property overridable. For this we check the checkbox right next to it.
- We also choose “Textfield” from the “Please select:” dropdown:
- That’s it for now. Save your settings.
B) Override property values
- Now let’s create a new blog post. Head over to “Posts” and hit the “Add new” button or just edit an exiting one.
- I created a blogpost called “Cookies”.
- Now hit the “Edit Global Snippets Values” or “Edit Global Snippets” (since version 2.4.0) button from the right metabox. Scroll down a little if you don’t see it.
- This will now bring up a new window. Click “Recipe” from the list to your left. This will load all properties that can be overwritten (that you have selected in step A) 4.).
- Now enter value for the prepTime and save your settings.
That’s it pretty much.
Now you can carry on by make more properties overridable.